Upload your images to Wikimedia Commons during the competition period 1st to 30th September 2019 by following these instructions.
Cultural heritage objects
- Find your object by browsing the monuments lists. They are arranged by region and municipality. Beside each item on the list there is an upload button for that item. Upload your image during September.
- If the cultural heritage object cannot be found on the monuments lists, but you find it in the Finnish Heritage Agency services kyppi.fi, you can upload it with a special upload form.
- You may also find your objects on the map and upload your images with the Monumental application on your mobile as well as desktop.
You can participate in this year’s competition by rephotographing historical images found in Finna. Follow the instructions below:
Using the Ajapaik app
- Download Ajapaik mobile app to your Android phone from the Play Store.
- The Ajapaik app will display nearby old images while you look for interesting locations.
- Photograph with Ajapaik and save. The image is stored in Ajapaik website as well as you r phone’s memory. Images saved in September will automatically participate in the Wiki Loves Monuments Finnish competition. If you also want to participate in the international competition, follow the instructions below:
Without the Ajapaik app
If you are not using the Ajapaik app for photographing, you can save your images in this manner.
Upload your image with a link to the original old photograph with a special entry form during September. You must be logged into your Wikimedia account when you upload your image. If you do not have an account, it is easy to create one while you upload the images. Registration takes only a couple of minutes, and no information about you is collected.